Looking for a Book we do not have, Interlibrary loan may be the answer.
for interlibrary loan information.
Here are some really cool web sites you might find helpful!
Since web sites change periodically, Ector County Library
held responsible for their content. These sites were selected for
their educational value.
OnLine Book Club
and start reading books in your email. Each day
we’ll send you a 5-minute portion of a book. By the end of the
week, you’ll have read 2-3 chapters. If you would like to
finish a book, stop by and pick up a copy. New Books featured Weekly.. Sign up today and start reading tomorrow.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Ector County Library
- Wondering What On-Line Tax software will work best for you? Check out this site for comparisons: http://www.reviews.com/online-tax-software/
- TexShare databases
- Your opinion is important! The Texas State Library
is assessing how library users view the TexShare Database Program.
Please take a few minutes to complete this brief online survey: HERE.
Your responses are confidential and will be used in planning the future
of the TexShare Database Program. Thank you for your time and
evaluation of this library service.
- The Library of Texas at
LibraryofTexas.org is a new service offered by the Texas State
Library and Archives Commission that
allows users to easily discover and retrieve desired information from
multiple library catalogs, databases, and other knowledge collections.
- Chilton's Database
- Access database with your Ector County Library Card number.
- Practice test for Academic (ACT,
SAT, TASP, etc), Civil Service
(Police Officer, Border Patrol, etc), EMS,
Firefighter, GED, Law
(ASVAB), and Real Estate
- NADA Guide
- Free pricing and information for cars, boats, RV's,
manufactured homes, motorcycles and aircrafts.
- American Rhetoric
- Database of and index to 5000+ full text, audio and video versions of public
speeches, sermons, legal proceedings, lectures, debates, interviews, other
recorded media events,
- Ector County
- Tons of info on Ector County including the birth, death and
other records online and searchable.
- Access America for Students
- (Find an Author, Find a book)
- Quick access to helpful Food Information.
- (Not the whole book, but many good quotes)
- Wiretap Electronic Text
- (Wiretap is a free public service to provide electronic text.)
- Dead People
- (Ever wonder if a famous actor or actress is dead or
- (Online encyclopedia)
- (Reference and Research tools)
- Craigs List
- (Popular Classifieds site)
- How Stuff Works
(Experts at How stuff works)
- The Internet Public Library
- (Great source of Information)
- Merriam Webster Online
- (Online Dictionary)
- (Online resource for global knowledge)
- Register or update your information Here
How to Locate a Book!
The Online Catalog can be searched by Author,
Title, or Subject.
Every book has
numbers & letters. Examples: Nonficition: 658.512 S176b Fiction: F GRI
Write complete number of book and look
for numbers at the end of shelf to find book.
R Reference F Fiction OV Oversize SC Story Collection
SF Science Fiction LT Large Print SP Spanish Graphic FIC Graphic Novel
FW Western FM Mysteries PBK Paperbacks
SW Southwest GEN Genealogy SW CS Closed Shelf GEN.CS Closed Shelf
JF Junior Fiction JSC Junior Story
Collection JSF Junior Science
E Easy Fiction for
Children J BOOKBAG BookBag JB Junior Biography
JR Junior Reference
RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE